Saturday, April 28, 2007

Clara and the Pink Eye



Just when it seemed we'd finally endured the worst of cold and flu season, Greg came down with an icky infection, then Clara got it, and then it was passed on to me. The first day I came down with it, I simply spent most of the day in bed. I awoke the next day feeling a little better. I went into Clara's room to wake her, and there she was, sitting in bed, winking at me. Or rather, she was looking at me through her slightly less infected eye, while the other was sealed shut by icky goop. So, back to the doctor we went, and with a little amoxycilin, her eyes cleared right up. She was a good sport about the whole thing, though she screamed bloody murder while having her ears examined. She's been taking her medicine without a fuss, and has gone back to work full-time at standing alone, and pulling all the toys out of the toy bin.


I have been washing everything we have ever touched. So far Greg and I seem in the clear where conjuctivitis is concerned, but our ear, nose, throat infections just seem to linger on. Clara's Mema Bamford came over yesterday, and allowed me a very welcome afternoon nap, while she made a big pot of soup, which Clara hungrily devoured along with a sweet potato, corn bread, and yogurt. She is a very hungry caterpillar. This weekend we hope to catch up on rest and graze our way through the rest of the soup and bread. We're so glad to have her back from California. We were falling apart while she was gone!
Last but hardly least: Big ups to Danielle Troy for taking these great shots of Clara!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home