Talking, Tired
Clara just finished her second full week of pre-kindergarten, which, happily, has been a great experience for her. She really enjoys her teachers and the other kids in her class. Today when I asked her what she did at school, she said, "I shared." Awesome. Love Graham Hill Elementary.
We are all very tired from Clara's school. Clara is tired because she goes to school five mornings a week. I'm tired because I walk Clara and Annabel to and from school twice a day. Uphill both ways--literally. Graham Hill Elementary is on the south slope of (you guessed it!) Graham Hill. We live on the plateau to the north. Like I said, uphill both ways. Though on a sunny day like today, we had views of Mt. Baker, Mt. Rainier, the Olympics, the Cascades, downtown Seattle, Renton, the Rainier Valley and Beacon Hill. We can see for miles and miles. It's a beautiful and breathtaking (in more ways than one) walk.
Annabel has much to say about our changing routine. Mostly it sounds like "roar, roar, roar", but I know soon it will come out in actual words like "Volvo" or "cat". She is growing up so fast. Just today I called to schedule her 1-year well-baby visit. My baby won't be a baby for long, though I don't think I'll ever stop thinking of the girls as my babies. Even now when I look at Clara in profile, I still see her ultrasound picture.
All this talk of growing up and higher education just reminded me of Annabel's latest news: She got into college! She'll be in the older infant class at the Parent Child Center starting next Thursday. I'm excited to be doing the class with her and seeing our old teachers once again. It really is a fun place to be. And Annabel will know first-hand why Clara comes home so worn out from school.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home