Saturday, May 03, 2008

"I did it!": A Potty Story


Clara has some big news. She peed in the potty. And Greg and I weren't even there to see it!

I dropped Clara off at a neighbor's house (a fellow member of the neighborhood babysitting co-op) on Thursday, so I get a little work done. When I dropped her off I explained that Clara had recently been interested in sitting on the potty, but that she wasn't using it yet, and probably wouldn't try going in a strange house. Well, she must have heard my nay-saying, and ever willful, was determined to prove me wrong. She not only sat asked to sit on the potty, she peed! When I came back three hours later, her diaper was still dry! We were celebrating this good news when Clara said, "I go again." I took her back to the bathroom where she peed again. Our little girl is growing up.

Clara's other big news is that she is going to be a big sister. Baby Bamford the younger will be arriving circa November 9. Clara likes to look under my shirt, and say "hello, baby!" Then she looks at her own tummy, and says, "hi, baby, too". The baby is a little too "conceptual" for her, but she has taken to reading the "big sister" books we got at the library. In her own way, she's looking forward to the new baby, too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Clara, and even more congratulations to the Baby Bamford! I'm so glad for you guys. Love, Coleen

5:33 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks, guys!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

CONGRATS Clara and CONGRATS Bamford/Armitages!

We're thrilled for you!

Candy, Brandt, Noah, and Henry

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home