Another sleep first
Last night I had an Infant CPR class to go to, so I didn't get home until 8:15. Clara's usually asleep by then, but she held out so I could nurse her to sleep. By 8:45 Clara was still awake, but she was rubbing her eyes as if she might go down any minute. Greg and I agreed that we should put her down in her crib, awake, to see if she could fall asleep on her own. Her head hit the mattress, I slipped out of the room, and that was it! She fell asleep entirely on her own. She woke up for two feedings during the night: 1 a.m. and 6 a.m., which was fine. What was not fine was the 6:30 a.m. game of Wake Mommy after I was so kind as to let her stay in my bed. Clara used her full battery of techniques, including Howl Like a Banshee, Pull Mommy's Hair, Scratch Mommy's Face, Pinch Mommy's Arm, Bite Mommy's Hand, and Climb Mommy's Back. At 6:58 I told her she had 2 more minutes before she was allowed to be up for the day. At 7:00, with the soothing patter of rain on the roof, she was back asleep. We slept until 8:00, at which time I wakened her so we could start the day on schedule. Morning nap was a bit of a challenge, with a full 25 minutes of crying, but she's out now, so if she can sleep until 11:30, we have a shot at being well-rested AND on schedule.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home