Thursday, September 06, 2007

Babyfish Mouth



In all our busyness this summer, I forgot to comment on what might be Clara's biggest accomplishment this summer: overcoming swimming anxiety. We'd taken her swimming on a few occasions, but we were always met by overwhelming anxiety about getting into the water. After about 5-10 minutes of clinging and crying, she'd always been able to calm herself and enjoy the water. I really wanted her to be able to relax in the water, so we signed up for swim lessons. After one month of twice/week swim lessons, Clara has completely lost her inhibitions toward getting in the water. In fact, when we went swimming over Labor Day Weekend, Clara ran toward the pool twice, wanting to jump in. That's right. We took her swimming twice in one day--because she wanted to! Now, we'll probably have to put up a fight to get her out of the water. Turns out Clara is a water baby after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know whose bathing suit I love more - yours or Clara's!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Mine does have the foxy animal print, but hers has the ruffles on the butt. It's a close call alright!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home