Le Week-End
We've had a fairly low-key weekend. Saturday afternoon I took my 4-hour family therapy licensure exam. (Keep your fingers crossed that I passed!) I was gone most of the day, and had a friend's going-away party later that night. Greg wanted a chance to go to the gym and have some alone time before his daddy-daughter night out at Tutta Bella...which would have been fine, but Clara was insistent that she go along with Daddy. She saw him dressed and ready to go, so she put on her froggy boots by herself and then started demanding, "dog on it!"--her coat with a dog on it. I convinced her to stay home with me and help me "cook" a rhubarb crisp for the party. As Greg was leaving she said, "Daddy, I love you," and watched him walk down the street from the living room window. She clearly wanted even more Daddy time this weekend.
This morning we had la famille Bamford over to celebrate Doug's birthday. Greg made us an awesome brunch, and afterward, Clara went with her grandparents to the playground, Greg went to school to watch his seniors graduate, and I took the opportunity to weed in the garden on the first non-rainy day we've had for some time. Greg is helping out at the senior overnight tonight, so Clara had a quiet night together by ourselves reading books, singing songs, playing with cars, petting the cat, and taking a long bath. Greg won't be home until 6:30 a.m. tomorrow, so here's hoping that she sleeps long enough so that we can all sleep in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home