Friday, November 28, 2008

Paternity Leave, Stump-Shedding, Grandma's 60th, and Thanksgiving




We've had much to be thankful for these past few weeks. Annabel has been nursing like crazy, eager, it seems, to catch up to her big sister. So far, she has outgrown her newborn diapers, and on Wednesday, her belly stump fell off (while getting changed at the Madrona Playground--quite the sight!) She's awake for longer periods, sometimes in daytime (yea!), sometimes at night (boo!)

Tuesday also marked another noteworthy occasion: Grandma Iris' 60th Birthday! We all rehearsed our best birthday song to serenade Grandma over the phone. Clara did a good job singing into the phone. She sometimes comes down with bouts of phone shyness, but not this time. She sang the whole song all the way through. We wish we could have been in MI to celebrate. We will have to make it up to her with a carrot cake and candles next time we see her.

Clara and Greg have been doing some baking of their own. Clara helped make chocolate chip cookies, and, as I can attest, they were delicious. While Greg has been on paternity leave, we've done a lot of toddler-centric outings. We've visited New Holly, Lakewood, Madrona, Tam O'Shanter and Mt. Baker playgrounds. We've made a couple trips to the Kids Quest Museum. Clara and Greg went to family swim at Medgar Evers Pool (while Annabel and I nursed and cheered pool-side.) We checked out 2 new (to us) story times at the Madrona and New Holly libraries. And of course, we made the trip out to Bellevue for Thanksgiving at Mema and Papa Bamford's, where Clara made quick work out of her plate of turkey, potatoes, cranberries, pumpkin bread, sweet potato rolls, and Mema's chocolate applesauce cake.

Greg's paternity leave ends Monday, and I, especially, am not looking forward to it. I will miss his help around the house, Clara will miss all the fun activities he's kept her busy with, and Annabel will miss having someone to pick her up when I'm occupied with other things. It's only 2.5 weeks, however, until Greg's Christmas Break when we will have another 2.5 weeks of time home with Greg. I'm already counting the days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home