The Waiting List

The Co-Op preschools started last week, but unfortunately, Clara was not among the students going back to school. She is still first on the wait list for Lakewood Co-op, and somewhere around 6th for Rainier Valley. Of course, we live across the street from Magic Lantern Montessori (for which she is about 5 months too young for this year's class), so preschool is much on her mind. She says, "I want to go to preschool!" and both Greg's and my heart break a little bit.
Otherwise, all is well at the B/A household. I have been doing childcare 20 hours/week for one of Greg's colleague's 8 month old. It's been great practice at being a big sister for Clara. She likes helping the baby, studying the baby. She'll say, "She is crying. She needs her binky. Here, baby. Here's your binky." Or, "Where is her hair? She has no teeth. Her hands are little." Or, "She needs to learn how to eat a tortilla" (while biting into a tortilla). "I need to show her how to do a somersault" (while performing a somersault). There have been more ploys on her part for getting my attention, too, but overall, she's adapted very easily to having to share with the baby. I hope she keeps it up when the full-time baby arrives in November!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home