"My poop went down the hole!"
Today, Clara had a fun outing with her Aunt Amy to the KidsQuest Children's Museum. Amy apologized for the state of Clara's diaper, saying, "I swear, she just started stinking" as they drove up to our house. We said thank you and good-bye to Amy, and then headed upstairs to get cleaned up and ready for nap. As we got to the top of the stairs, Clara got very upset: "I want to go potty! I want to go potty!" Okay, I thought, we'll get you cleaned up in the bathroom. I took off Clara's diaper and quickly discovered the "stinking" must have been gas. Clara and I did our usual routine of singing songs and reading a story while we waited for the pee-pee to come. After several minutes of "trying", Clara's expression became very upset. "I want to go pee-pee! I want to go pee-pee!" she said, close to tears. I assured her that it's okay if sometimes when she does her trying that the pee-pee doesn't come. With that, her face became very serious, and she started to bare down. She pooped! She climbed down from the toilet and spent some thoughtful moments staring at the poop. She flushed the toilet, then asked, "Where'd my poop go?" My too-technical answer was that the poop goes down the pipes under the city. She gave me a curious look and then exclaimed, "My poop went down the hole!" Yes, Clara, your poop went down the hole.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home